Well Hello

My photo
Life. What a gift. So worthy of celebration. Incomplete, however, without relationships. Yes, familiar faces are a sense of home when life turns unknown corners. But new faces, passions and relationships can be the best new corners to turn around. You can say that I am curious about people. That is an understatement. I have a knack for drawing people out. I guess I do like to see what lies behind facades. Real personalities and quirky qualities are my favorite things to celebrate. Will you let me celebrate your life?

Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Iowa Wedding Photographer: Micah and Amici

When I got an email asking if I would ever consider coming to Iowa to photograph a wedding, I was beyond excited......
Micah and Amici met in high school, and were even Homecoming King and Queen together. They did not start dating, however, until they went to the same college and were in several of the same classes. Amici told me she had a crush on him, and eventually he came around ;)
Anyways, I was excited to meet them as well as experience the notorious miles and miles of Iowa corn fields and green scenery. When I got there, everyone kept apologizing for the brown grass and plants. There has been a dry season that has devastated a lot of the farmers.
When the wedding day was rained out, forcing the golf course ceremony to be inside, there were a lot of mixed emotions. We had to be resourceful with the inside venue, but many people were celebrating the blessing of the rain! We ended up getting ready in an underground basement/ locker room. (The locker room setting for their unveiling pictures turned out to be a cute idea since it depicted their story of young high school love!) Although we did not take ANY pictures on the golf course itself, the best pictures were filled with the raw emotion of love! My personal favorite part of the entire day was after the ceremony when Micah and Amici walked away from everyone else, embraced and cried together, recognizing the holiness of the covenant they just made before God. It was beautiful. It is times like those that make me feel so thankful for my job that allows me to be a part of something so divine! Thank you Micah and Amici for inviting me to celebrate with you!





 








 
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment