Well Hello

My photo
Life. What a gift. So worthy of celebration. Incomplete, however, without relationships. Yes, familiar faces are a sense of home when life turns unknown corners. But new faces, passions and relationships can be the best new corners to turn around. You can say that I am curious about people. That is an understatement. I have a knack for drawing people out. I guess I do like to see what lies behind facades. Real personalities and quirky qualities are my favorite things to celebrate. Will you let me celebrate your life?

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Human Trafficking Prevention: Second Story Grand Opening

There are times in life that you feel like you are making history..... This was one of those times. I can not even express how proud I am of my dear friend, Shannon Surgey, along with Sandra Schmid and the countless others who share my passion for justice in the lives of children who are being sold into prostitution. Sometimes we don't know what to do with evil like this. Rather than feeling overwhelmed that we don't have the resources or power to protect all of the victims of human trafficking, we can strive to just use whatever it is that God has placed in our hands. For me, that has been photography. I want to take pictures of the efforts we are making to get the word out there so that it spurs others on to do the same. 
The hope of Second Story is to use their profits to give these kids a second chance to be kids and to thrive as loved and freed individuals who know the gospel. 






No comments:

Post a Comment